Lycra is a synthetic material renowned for its stretchiness and form retention. Polyurethane is a type of material that is frequently used in clothing to achieve a snug, pleasant fit. Lycra is widely found in leggings, swimwear, and activewear, along with socks, underwear, and hosiery.
It is also utilized in the creation of spandex and certain types of upholstery.
Lycra is renowned for its resilience and resistance to fading, and it enables clothing to retain its shape even after repeated washings.
Lycra or spandex costs between $299 and $999 for four yards, depending on its quality.
Lycra fabric is an inexpensive fabric in Nigeria. This synthetic fabric is also known as spandex and is used to produce swimsuits, tights, leggings, and other sorts of clothing. Lycra fabric is available at numerous Nigerian retailers and is available in a variety of colors and designs.
Numerous advantages of Spandex make it a popular material for garments.
Among the primary advantages of spandex are:
- Spandex is renowned for its ability to stretch and move with the body, making it perfect for use in activewear and other garments requiring a high level of flexibility.
- Spandex is silky, smooth, and easy to wear, making it a popular choice for next-to-skin garments.
- Spandex is a sturdy and resilient material that can resist a great deal of wear and tear. It is also resistant to deformation, allowing it to retain its shape and fit over time.
- Spandex is capable of wicking moisture away from the skin, which keeps the body cool and dry during physical exercise.
- Easy to maintain: Spandex is simple to maintain and is frequently machine-washable. Additionally, it is resistant to stains and wrinkles, allowing it to retain its form and beauty over time.
Where to acquire Lycra Products in India
Apy’s Couture is an online fabric store in Lagos, Nigeria that sells lycra materials. It is a fiber utilized in the cosmetics business, and it is known for its “second skin” effect. There are numerous degrees of Lycra; the greater the quality, the softer the material, and frequently the higher the price. It is most frequently utilized in waistbands and undergarments to give elasticity.
ALSO SEE: Lycra Fabric Price in Pakistan
Care instructions for Lycra or spandex
- Spandex is a synthetic textile, therefore it requires minimal maintenance. Here are some care instructions for spandex garments:
- Before washing your spandex apparel, examine the care label to determine whether there are any particular requirements. Some spandex garments may only be washable by hand, while others may be machine-washable.
- Utilize a mild detergent: Select a mild detergent developed for use with synthetic textiles. Avoid using aggressive detergents, since they might deteriorate fibers and reduce their flexibility.
- Use a mild wash cycle and cold water to launder spandex garments. Avoid hot water since it might cause spandex to shrink and lose its flexibility.
- Avoid drying in direct sunlight: Do not dry your spandex garments in direct sunlight, as this can cause the fibers to degrade and lose their elasticity. Hang your spandex garments in a well-ventilated place, or tumble dry them on low heat.
Fabric softeners can coat the fibers of your spandex garments, reducing their elasticity. Avoid using fabric softeners when washing spandex garments, or select a fabric softener formulated for use with synthetic fabrics.