The average cost of a synthetic wig ranges from N15,000 to N35,000.
Synthetic Wigs that Look Real – Is it even Possible?
It can be hard to know where to start when looking for a wig. With so many brands, styles, and types of wigs, it can be hard to choose the right one. The first step in choosing the right product is to know the differences between 100% natural human hair wigs and synthetic wigs. When choosing a wig, one of the most important choices may be between synthetic hair and real hair.
You need to know that synthetic hair wigs are not made from real human hair. Since they are not real hair, they might look a little different than your real hair.
If you spend money on a synthetic wig, you shouldn’t expect it to look exactly like your own hair. They look as much like real people as they can.
The fact remains that, over time, the 613 lace front wig will lose its texture and natural look, making it look fake.
All you have to do is cut off a piece of hair from the 40-inch human hair wig and put it on fire. If it doesn’t burn but slowly melts into a ball, gives off black smoke, and smells like rubber, it’s a synthetic hair wig. If you put 100% real human hair on a flame, it will burn right away, and it will smell like human hair.
A high-quality wig made of fake hair can look like real hair. But after months of being washed, heated, and styled, it will start to look worn, and the hair strands will become rough and look very fake. If you wear a synthetic wig for long hours every day, it won’t last more than four or five months.
When picking a wig, everyone wants it to look like their own hair.
Since you want to wear the wig every day and you choose a synthetic one, you need to know that it is not made of real hair and won’t look exactly like your own hair. But with a few tips from the pros, you can make it look as natural as possible.
How Can I Make My Synthetic Wig Look Real? How do I make my fake wig look like a real one?
Most of the time, the hairline of a synthetic wig has too much hair. This makes it look like something isn’t real. You can make your hair look natural by plucking the hairline to the density you want.
There are a few easy steps to follow:
- This lets you see the hairline better because there is less hair in the way.
- Now you can start tweezing each hair in the first row of the wig’s hairline.
- You should tweeze every other row of the wig so that you don’t end up plucking from just one section.
It’s always better to move slowly and keep checking than to tweeze too much because once the hair is gone, you can’t get it back.
- If you wash a synthetic wig with apple cider vinegar, the extra shine will come off, and the hair will get softer as a result of the gentle cleaning. To make the lace look natural, all you have to do is mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider with 1 cup of water and wash the lace.
- It is suggested that you brush the wig while sprinkling some baking soda on it after it has dried. The baking soda also helps reduce or get rid of the extra shine that synthetic wigs have.
- You should put a teaspoon of baking soda on the brush or comb and comb it evenly through the wig so that it shines evenly everywhere. Using baking soda to get rid of the extra shine on a synthetic wig is a quick and easy way to do it.
- It is important to put the wig’s ear tabs inside the cap. Use your common sense to figure out that the hairline doesn’t touch the eyebrows. So, put the wig in the right place to make it look natural and seamless.
No matter how hard you try, you can always tell the difference between a wig made of real hair and one made of synthetic hair. Also, because they are made of plastic fibers, synthetic wigs that aren’t very good can be toxic as well.
When they get hot, low-quality plastic fibers can be dangerous. So, it is always best to choose wigs that are made of 100% virgin human hair.
Wigs made of real hair look and feel the most real. They can be more expensive, but if you take care of them, they will last longer. Wigs made of real hair can last between one and three years.
They are very soft and shiny, and they move in a way that is hard to get with synthetic hair.