Chino is a strong cotton fabric made with a tight twill weave. It is mercerized to give it a slight sheen. Chino has a long and interesting history. For many years, it was used to make military uniforms. It is one of the few types of fabric that can stand up to the high standards and tough conditions of military wear.
Since the fabric was first made in China, the pants were at first called Pantalones chinos, which means “Chinese pants” in Spanish. This name was then shortened in English to just “chinos.”
Chino was made for the military at first. It was made easy for soldiers to use, to last a long time, and to be comfortable to wear. Also, using natural earth tones was the first step toward camouflage, which eventually replaced the brightly colored tunics that were worn before.
In the second half of the 1800s, both the British and American armies started wearing it as part of their regular uniform.
How to put on chino:
Usually, chino is found in chinos, the pants that share its name. It is usually made of 100% cotton and used for pants and trousers.
Where to Buy Chinos Material In Lagos
Apy’s Couture sells original chinos materials in Lagos and can deliver to other states too.
Our chinos materials are high quality, yet affordable. We sell in singles and in bulk too. Plus, we offer great discounts too.
You can use the Whatsapp button to place an order.
How Much Is Chinos Material In Nigeria?
Chinos materials cost N2,000 per yard.
Types Of Chinos Material
There are two types of chinos materials – Plain and multi-colored chinos fabrics.
ALSO SEE: Cashmere Fabric Styles For Ladies
How to Take Care of Chinos Material
- Use the Wash & Stain Bar or the Stain Solution to get rid of any stains. The first step is to turn the garment inside out so it can be washed.
- Only wash colors and fabrics that are the same.
- Add one capful of an all-purpose bleach alternative to the pretreat or wash cycle if the fabric is dirty, looks dirty, or has a dull color.
- Chinos are made to be able to handle being dried in a hot dryer.
- To make ironing easier, take things out of the dryer while they are still damp or dry them on a line.
- Cotton is the fabric that can shrink the most. When a piece of clothing is exposed to intense heat, it will shrink a lot, but when it is exposed to mild heat, it will shrink slowly.
- Before making any changes to the length or fit, chinos should always be washed first.
- If you wash the item in hot water and dry it on the hot setting on your dryer, it won’t shrink anymore.
- Use an iron set to its highest temperature setting or steam to get rid of wrinkles in clothes.
How to Maintain Chino
Chino fabrics are made to be easy to care for, which is one of the many things that make them so popular for bottom weights.
Does chino wrinkle?
Chinos do tend to get wrinkles, but mercerizing and wrinkle-resistant finishes are often used to fix this problem. Chinos have a polished look that is made possible by quick ironing on cotton heat.
Is Chinos Easy to Clean?
Most chinos are easy to take care of and can be cleaned on the spot or in the washing machine to get rid of stains and smells. But it can also be dry cleaned to make it look even cleaner.
Chino Fabric Characteristics
- Chino fabric is made of twill weave, which makes it strong and long-lasting.
- Most of the time, it is made of 100% cotton and is either khaki or tan in color. But it can also be done in a number of different shades of color.
- During the mercerization process, the fabric gets a slight shine.
- Chinos can also mean a pair of pants made from chino fabric. “Chinos” are the name for these pants, which have become very popular recently in the world of casual fashion.